Visiting is all about being together with people you care about, sharing present events and reliving past memories.
Visits can also be an important time for both you and your family member or friend to heal past hurts and to grow closer together.
People visit to:
- give the resident something to look forward to
- help keep strong links between the residents family and community
- stimulate physical and mental health abilities
- maintain the residents sense of dignity and self worth
- promote feelings of achievement
- provide company, friendship, support and help
- make sure the resident is receiving good care
If you keep these goals in mind, you may find that your visits become more meaningful.
Read more about Successful Visiting.