June 30, 2015
Dear Families and Friends,
Arrowsmith Lodge has had to declare an outbreak as of 2:00PM June 30, 2015.
As there are currently very few of our residents that have been affected with GI like symptoms, we are restricting visiting at this time. Restricted visiting means:>/p>
- You may visit your loved one in their room; if they are not affected they may be taken to common areas in their neighborhood. Please do not remove them from their neighborhood.
- If you have not had a flu vaccination, you are required to wear a mask upon entering the first set of doors at Arrowsmith.
- Residents from Arrowsmith Lodge are not to go to Cokely Manor Bistro for lunch until the outbreak is lifted by the Medical Health Officer. We will let all families and friends know about the lifting via email.
- If your loved one has been affected or has any of the GI symptoms, you have already been contacted, so please do not worry if you have not been contacted.
- If YOU have had ANY symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, aches etc.) please DO NOT enter the Lodge.
Thank you for your commitment and assistance in keeping our residents safe. If you have any questions please feel free to contact either myself at 250-248-4331 Local 301 or Tom Patterson at local 106.
We created, organized, bartered, sold and delivered a terrific fundraiser for the Foundation. Our sincere thanks to everyone: your contributions matter.
Sun greeted guests at the 2015 Garden Party Fundraiser
Numerous folks commented on the delicious food from Stewart and his team at the May 29th Garden Party. The entertainment — music, magician, agility dogs and tours all were well received and enjoyed. View Garden Party photos.
“I loved,” said one attendee, “standing around seeing the multiple activities going on, folks chatting around the bar, watching the dogs in action, sitting down to a meal in the garden area and listening to great music, taking a tour and perusing the silent auction.”
ARROWSMITH HEALTH CARE (2011) SOCIETY AND ARROWSMITH HEALTH CARE (2011) FOUNDATION SOCIETY
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting(s) of the Arrowsmith Health Care (2011) Society and the Arrowsmith Health Care (2011) Foundation Society will be held on: Wednesday, June 24th, 2015 Continue reading
James Lunney, MP Nanaimo-Alberni,visited Arrowsmith Lodge and Cokely Manor on Thursday, April 16th to honor some of our residents who are Second World War veterans.
The veterans received special lapel pins and certificates to mark the 75th anniversary of Canada’s engagement in the Second World War and we snapped a few photos of the event.